To whom it may concern
The South African National Seed Organization is inviting unemployed graduates that want to have a career in the seed industry to apply for a graduate placement. This opportunity will allow graduates to acquire practical work experience through mentoring and exposure in the seed industry.
Graduate placements will be done through SANSOR, but placements will be at South African Seed Companies that are SANSOR members.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Unemployed South African graduates and postgraduates in Agriculture.
- A Background in Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Pasture Science, Biotechnology, Plant Physiology, Genetics and Molecular Plant Biology and Entomology, Virology and Bioinformatics.
- South African Permanent Residents who hold a South African Identity Document qualify while non-South Africans are not eligible.
- Applicants should not be older than 30 years old at the time of submission of an application to qualify.
- Only graduates who hold an Advanced Diploma or bachelor’s degree at NQF level 7, Honours at NQF level 8, MTech or master’s degrees at NQF level 9 and DTech and PhD at NQF level 10, qualify to apply for this graduate placement programme.
- Candidates who receive their qualification in the beginning of next year can also apply.
- Candidates who would be registered full-time during the 2020 academic year need not apply.
- Candidates have to be available from March 2020-April 2021 with no other commitments.
- Students that will only graduate in 2020 but complete their qualifications before 1 March 2019 are welcome to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 15 December 2019
No late applications will be considered.